Hosting events in the heart of the community since 1892!
Covid-19 Update (May 2021)
- Controlled indoor events can take place with up to 50% capacity.
- Freshfield Hall will be able to admit 90 persons
- Peter Griffits Hall will be able to admit 60 persons
- Indoor sports activities, including exercise classes, yoga, table tennis, badminton etc can take place.
- Film shows, plays and concerts can take place, subject to social distancing.
- Up to 30 people will be able to attend weddings, receptions, funerals, and wakes. Christenings and bar mitzvahs will be allowed.
- The “rule of 6” will apply to indoor events.
- The test, trace, and isolate programmes will remain in place, so there will be continued need to keep records of attendance for this purpose (a QR code is displayed in each hall).
- Face masks must be worn upon arrival at the Village Hall, but can be removed for exercise and to eat or drink.
Next Step (no earlier than) 21st June:
- All legal limits on social contact are removed
- Dancing is permitted.
- Restrictions on numbers at weddings and funerals are abolished.
With the above information in mind, please contact the booking office if you would like to make a booking. As with all bookings which had to be cancelled due to the Covid-19 restrictions, any deposits or payments would be transferred to a new date or refunded.
Thank you for your continued support, we hope to see you soon!
Forest Row Village Hall Management Committee
“Both the Peter Griffits and Freshfield hall provide wonderful spaces for my children’s dance classes.”
“We loved having our wedding reception at the Forest Row Village Hall!”
Nick & Jenni
“It’s great that the Village Hall is located in the centre of Forest Row!”
Available for hire
The Forest Row Village Hall offers two halls for hire, the main Freshfield Hall and the smaller Peter Griffits Hall. There is also a Committee Room which is suitable for small meetings. If you’d like to enquire about making a booking, either as a once off booking or a recurring booking, please click the button below which will direct you to the information you require. All bookings must adhere to the Village Hall Rules and Regulations, which can be found here.
Bookings Office Opening Hours: Monday to Thursday, 10am – 2pm
During school holidays, Office Opening times may vary.
Upcoming Featured Events
The Village Hall hosts numerous public events throughout the year!
Regular Event Organisers
Regular hall hirers are the lifeblood of the Village Hall!
The Square, Lewes Rd, Forest Row, East Sussex, RH18 5ES
Google Map Directions
Select your mode of transport